We offer mediation services in all Family Law disputes including:
• Property Settlements
• Parenting Disputes
• Child Support Disputes
Our Mediation Rooms
Sarah is able to travel to the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast and
Darling Downs. We also offer Mediation Rooms here in Sandgate. We offer conference rooms, private consultation/break out rooms, tea and coffee facilities and lunch are provided if a full day mediation is booked. Use of mediation rooms is complimentary when Sarah is the appointed Mediator.
Inclusion on the Panel of preferred suppliers of legal services with Legal Aid Queensland 1999 to present
• Family Law
• Domestic Violence
• Representation of Children (Federal and State)
• Child Protection
• Child Protection Practitioners Association of Queensland Ltd;
• Family Law Practitioners Association
• Queensland Law Society
• Family Law Section Law Council of Australia
Sarah Cleeland is an experienced Nationally Accredited Mediator and registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.
Sarah has been practising in Family Law since 1997 and was first approved as a Mediator meeting National Accreditation Standards in 2003.
Sarah has over a decade of experience in dealing with complex parenting and property disputes. Sarah has also been practising as an Independent Children’s Lawyer and Separate Representative representing the interests of children in State Courts and children of separated parents in the Family Court and the Federal Circuit Court for 15 years.
As a Mediator, Sarah brings to the table a depth of experience, understanding and empathy that comes from her years practising as a Family Lawyer, a children’s advocate and a Mediator of Family Law Disputes.
• Commencement of Articles of Clerkship (1997)
• Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland (1999)
• Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors of the High Court of Australia (2005)
• National Accreditation as Mediator (QLS) (2003)
• Appointment as Independent Children’s Lawyer (National) (2003 to Present)
• Appointment as Separate Representative for Children (Queensland) (2006 to Present)
• Completion Collaborative Law Training ( May 2007)
• National Accreditation as Mediator (Australian National Mediation Standards (2015)
• Successful Completion Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Training QUT (2015)
• Principal Practising Certificate (QLS) (2010)
• Approval Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (2016)